The “Cuvée du Château” Red Vacqueyras 2017
Grappes : 70% Grenache – 15% Mourvédre – 15% Syrah.
Terroir : Clay – Limestone – Rocky
Vinification : After a total de-stemming, the fermentation period is during for 5 weeks.
Ageing : Barrels and demi-muids for about 12 months.
Alcool : 14°.
Fleshy and plump on the palate with firm tannins and attractive richness of black fruits, specially the cherry. Delicate mouth, with some touch of pepper and garrigue notes, very pleasant finish. A typical south wine, balanced and solar.
Alliance dishes :
bib with shallot rib of beef
Laying down : drink now until 2027.
Serving Temperature : 19°c.
- Noted 92/100 by DECANTER, in 2018
- Noted 16.5/20 by Jancis Robinson, in October 2018
- Golden Medal of the Mâcon Greatest French Wines Competition in 2019
- Noted 91/100 by Jeb Dunnuck of the Wine Advocate in 2019
- Noted 92/100 by the Wine Enthusiast in 2020
- Selected with a star by Hachette in 2020
- Recommended with 3 stars by “1001 Dégustations” in 2020